Be’s 'Free From' Rock Cakes
225g gluten-free SR flour
A pinch of salt
110g odourless coconut oil (not melted)
55g coconut sugar
30g chopped mixed peel
2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/ Gas 5. Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil.
- Put the flour, salt, firm coconut oil and sugar into a food processor. Whizz briefly using the pulse function until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs (not long!).
- Tip the mixture into a medium bowl and add the raisins and mixed peel.
- Using a table knife, stir in the eggs until the mixture looks ‘rocky’.
- Use a tablespoon or large scoop to make 8-10 mounds on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until pale brown. Cool on a wire rack.